Regular, Full-Time, In-Person
Philadelphia, PA 19154
Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an HVAC and Plumbing Estimator. We specialize in HVAC industry and have a large and varied customer base. We cover a wide range of industries and project types which include both plan & spec and design build projects. This position is focused on completing the full estimation life cycle: from starting with the initial inquiry with sales team and estimating leads, tracking and managing progress estimates and ultimately ensuring final bids are submitted to the clients. This position works as part of the Pre-Construction and Bid Development team and provides support to our sales team including Business Development, Bid Managers and Pre-Construction Managers throughout the bid process life-cycle.
This role is ideal for anyone with prior experience working in an estimating or pre-construction team, packaging, prepping and refining bids in the construction industry. It is also a great opportunity for someone new to the industry to learn everything related to estimating and responding to requests for proposals and bids. Our ideal candidate is a natural relationship builder enjoys working in a team environment.
- Complete the development and delivery of all bids and projects, ensuring pre-qualification questionnaires and all tender documentation are completed.
- To draft and review bid submission content, ensuring all bids are submitted on time and fully compliant with the requirements.
- Complete piping and material take-offs and estimate mechanical equipment and plumbing fixture installs
- Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company brand guidelines, customer requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
- Analyze the client’s documents to ensure the responses being created respond implicitly to the questions being asked.
- Assist Sales Engineers about bid follow-up and close-out
- Degree required, with technical degree being preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in bid coordination, estimating, project management.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat skills required
- Ability to produce high standard work which meets the client and business requirements.
- Ability to work independently, set goals, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with external stakeholders in estimating/bid processes
- Effective time management skills needed to meet timeframes and mile posts based on project requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Trimble AutoBid Mechanical is preferred
- Experience with Citrix Sharefile is a plus
- Experience in AutoCAD MEP and Autodesk Revit is a plus
- Union house experience is extremely valued
- Experience in public sector or pharmaceutical industry extremely beneficial
- Elliott-Lewis offers a robust compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary,
- Merit-based raises,
- Annual performance-related bonuses,
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match,
- Two weeks’ vacation during first year at entry-level with more earned over tenure,
- Medical / Health Insurance Plans,
- Dental coverage,
- many additional voluntary benefits including several life insurance options, accident insurance, several disability insurance options, and more.
We know that great talent can come from a variety of backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, and drug tests are performed for all positions.
Click here to apply for this position