Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Facilities Maintenance Manager to be responsible for the coordination and completion of facility projects, preventive maintenance and repairs of mechanical, plumbing, HVAC at our client site in Watchung NJ.
This position supervises, manages, delegates, organizes, and performs as needed all daily maintenance operations and long-term capital expense activities. This position also oversees the work of outside contractors and interfaces daily with key campus stakeholders.
- Staff Management
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of the maintenance staff including staffing, performance management, training and monitoring time and attendance. Ensures that safety training is provided to staff and that proper safety practices are being followed.
- Facilities Management
- Develops and manages an annual calendar to plan and track dates for inspections, contracts and preventative maintenance. Prepares reports for customer related to the work performed and materials and supplies utilized. Ensures that the work of outside contractors performing maintenance related work in the buildings is in accordance with specifications and regulatory agency requirements.
- Conduct regular inspections of all facilities, grounds, and equipment to ensure high standards for cleanliness and safety are maintained.
- Engage in the operation, alterations, repairs and maintenance at the facility as needed.
- Vendor Management
- Manages various qualified vendors performing work and services to insure quality. Prepares or assists in the preparation of all Request for Proposals (RFPs) related to maintenance services, major projects and purchases. Serves as the primary on-site liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, material and equipment providers, and all subcontractors.
- Project Management
- Manages all routine maintenance and capital projects, including budget management, project schedules, project update meetings and timelines. At all times, provides ongoing communication with leaders and stakeholders.
- Customer Interactions
- Work with on-site and headquarters teams to establish communications format, cadence and framework.
- Respond to reporting requests and requirements from headquarters and adjust formats as needed. Ensure awareness of issues at headquarters level to facilitate successful interactions on potentially complex issues.
- Bachelor degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering, Business or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive supervisory and facilities management experience.
- Proven ability and technical expertise in project management, business management or construction management, construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with facilities management practices, financial practices and budgeting, procurement, contracts, requests for proposals and bid review.
- Experience with all aspects of building systems and operations and experience with health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to write well and communicate effectively as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer applications including Microsoft Office and web-based programs including programs for facility management and computerized maintenance management systems.
- This work is performed both indoors and outdoors and involves frequent physical maintenance work
- Ability to type at a computer terminal is required
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and lift in excess of 50 lbs.
Click here to apply for this position