Start date as soon as December 15th
The Horticulturist Manager is a full-time position that will oversee the business operations of the Horticultural Division of the Facilities Management Department within Elliott-Lewis Corporation. The position is located at the Philadelphia International Airport (19153) with the Elliott-Lewis team based there. There is no requirement for the selected candidate to report to our Elliott-Lewis corporate office in Northern Philadelphia (near Bucks County). In fact, all interviews for the role will be virtual or at the Philadelphia International Airport itself. However, quarterly visits to the sister location of the North Philadelphia Airport (19114) may be required infrequently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise landscape design with intention to enhance the aesthetics of the Airport’s exterior grounds and a secondary focus on interior plantings.
- The Horticulturist Manager is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate material and labor resources are allocated to maintain the exterior grounds year-round.
- Improving design and sustainability of the grounds.
- Present design suggestions to the executive management team.
- With these responsibilities is a requirement to oversee the subcontract management for vendors used to assist in all horticultural projects.
- Specifically, performs oversight responsibility for daily sub-seller maintenance functions, establishes work plans, and coordinates execution of landscaping activities.
- Subcontractor administration includes scheduling, assigning work areas, and supervising the activities of subcontractors.
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen and experience in horticultural design and management. Candidates should have knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, materials, and instruments used in landscaping work.
- Principles and practices of planning and land use.
- Principles and practices of horticulture and plant ecology.
- Materials and methods used in cultivating and maintaining flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns.
- Common insects, fungi and diseases which attack flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
Training and orientation for this role will coincide with the retirement transition of the current Horticulturalist Manager.
This role will report directly to Facility Maintenance Manager at Philadelphia International Airport.
Our organization welcomes applicants that are both union members and non-union and we offer a robust compensation package including:
- Highly competitive base salary,
- Merit-based raises,
- Medical / Health Insurance Plans,
- Vision coverage,
- Dental coverage,
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match,
- Two weeks vacation during first year at entry-level with even more earned over tenure,
- many additional voluntary benefits including several life insurance options, accident insurance, several disability insurance options, and more.
We know that great talent can come from a variety of backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, and drug tests are performed for all positions.
EOE – Female/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Click here to apply for this position