Sautter Crane Rental seeks a Safety Coordinator to foster an environment of compliance with corporate safety standards, directives, and performance for the betterment of our workforce. The Safety Coordinator will ensure safety policies and procedures are aligned with appropriate regulations. The four principals of success in this role are coaching of field employees, mentoring field employees, advising executives, and demonstrating leadership through action.
Sautter Crane Rental is part of the Elliott-Lewis family of companies which have a reputation of being a premier provider of Mechanical Services, Facilities Management, and Crane Rentals. Of the four sister companies, this position will be primarily responsible for safety initiatives of Sautter Crane Rental. With the ability to provide the right crane for every job, Sautter Crane has become the provider of choice for hundreds of companies all over the Eastern Seaboard. Client’s value Sautter Crane’s commitment to set the benchmark for crane service and rentals.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Apply safety program management techniques to ensure compliance to federal, state, local regulations, and corporate policies
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards
- Investigate incidents, near-miss incidents, vehicle accidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and review corrective actions
- Coordinate employee safety and DOT related programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development
- Submit vehicle accident and occupational injury reports to the insurance carrier
- Conduct safety training for all employees
- Provide site specific safety plans in conjunction with Sales and Project Managers
- Order and maintain safety supplies and equipment. Research new or improved equipment and supplies as needed.
- Co-chair monthly state certified safety committee meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, equivalent degree or experience
- 1-3 years’ progressive safety experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervisory employees
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels through verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and with minimal direction as required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, DOT, ANSI)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions
- This position is functionally responsible because work is performed by all employees
- Minimum of OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Training or needs to be obtained within 6 months of hire
Preferred Skills and Certifications
- Experience in both heavy industrial/construction and service verticals is greatly valued.
- Experience with cranes or heavy equipment.
- Developing new/updating safety programs and policies
- Work with supply chain management companies (ISNetworld, Avetta, etc.)
- Develop, maintain, and work with a Site-Specific Safety Plan
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The demands and conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The overall nature of the position requires constant light physical exertion with minimal physical effort frequently required. There is constant exposure to environmental noises and hazards, frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes and wet conditions, and occasional exposure to humidity and other atmospheric conditions.
- The constant physical demands of the position are talking and hearing, sitting, standing, walking.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are repetitive hand motions.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are stooping, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
Training will be provided on programs including:
- AnchoRock, our all-inclusive software that brings safety and compliance management into one platform for recordkeeping and management
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Government and vendor online portals
Sautter Crane offers a robust compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary,
- Annual raises,
- Annual bonuses,
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match,
- Two weeks’ vacation during first year at entry-level with more earned over tenure,
- Medical / Health Insurance Plans, Dental coverage, many additional voluntary benefits including several life insurance options, accident insurance, several disability insurance options, educational assistance program, and more.
We know that great talent can come from a variety of backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, and drug tests are performed for all positions.
Click here to apply for this position