Seeking a team-oriented accounts payable professional to join our Accounts Payable team within the Finance Department. This position will collaborate daily with a variety of teams including: Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, contracting, and project managers across our various lines of business. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with a range of colleagues from project managers all the way to corporate executives, with the ability to clearly communicate processes and obstacles. The ideal candidate will be seeking a long-term relationship with an employer to further their career. This is a full-time and exempt (salaried) position.
Since 1905, Elliott-Lewis and its family of companies have a reputation of being a premier provider of Mechanical Services, Facilities Management, and Crane Rentals. Comprised of four sister companies, our Accounts Payable team supports each line of business to ensure timely and accurate payments.
Role and Responsibilities
- Respond to account holds and resolve
- Process credit memos and job cost
- Review jobs that need inactivation and remedy errors
- Enter subcontractor invoices, equipment invoices, and material invoices for jobs
- Research invoices lacking information with your Accounts Payable teammates, and remedy errors with Payroll to identify discrepancies in labor
- Send invoices to Project Managers on a weekly basis
- Process Master Subcontract Agreement (MSA) requests
- Run monthly reports and contact vendors whose Certificates of Insurance (COI) are expiring soon
- Attach and update all COI insurance dates in accounting software
- Process all COI’s that come in through USPS mail
- Correct and reclassify vendors in accounting software
- Pay subcontractors weekly
- Create check batches as needed
- Process check requests related to union dues and various invoices
- Assist Accounting Manager matching invoices to checks as needed
Initial orientation period of this position will require in-person reporting to the corporate office located in northeast Philadelphia. This role will allow for a hybrid work week. No travel is required during work hours.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Highschool graduate or GED equivalent
- Understanding of general accounting
- Comfortability with record reviewing and data correction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience in managing Certificates of Insurance (COI)
- Experience in coordinating Master Subcontractor Agreements (MSA)
- Microsoft Dynamics/GP (an accounting software) experience highly desired
- DocLink software (an Accounts Payable SAAS) experience highly desired
- Microsoft Office experience in SharePoint and Teams
- Experience with DocuSign
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- Elliott-Lewis offers a robust compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary,
- Annual raises,
- Annual bonuses,
- 401k Retirement Plan with generous company match,
- Two weeks’ vacation during first year at entry-level with more earned for tenure,
- Sick Pay,
- Medical / Health Insurance Plans,
- Dental coverage,
Additional voluntary benefits including several life insurance options, accident insurance, several disability insurance options, and more.
We know that great talent can come from a variety of backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, and drug tests are performed for all positions.